Day 16

We spend the 16th day of our trip sightseeing around Holland. We are divided into small groups. J.Lo and I ride in Ria de Block's car.

Our first stop is the castle.

Standing is about 1/4 of the original structure.
The view from the tallest tower of the castle.
We go driving around Holland. We pass by Haarlem and also a posh community in Holland where large single-detached houses are built. We stop by across a large steel factory. It smells weird and puffs of smoke come out from them and I pretend I'm in District 12's cold mine.

J.Lo and I are asleep in the car. Unfortunately also, my camera's battery is almost empty, so I don't have much pictures.

We share a meal with each other because some of us brought rice for lunch.
We stop by at a large field of tulips. I wish I could take some tulips back to the Philippines, but they don't allow that.
Soul sisters J.Lo and I
After our sight seeing, we hear mass in the school. It's a Protestant service. I'm Catholic and it's my first time attending a Protestant service. I'm fascinated at how they conduct their services with a lot of singing and clapping of the hands. They don't have priests to celebrate the ceremony but they have a speaker to discuss pressing issues related to the scripture.



After the service, we have Dutch night. We draw clogs, tulips or windmills on wooden boards and cut them with saw. It's much work. I'm not use to cutting wood with saw, however, our Dutch counterparts seem to be really skillful. Then we painted our work.

I love painting, but because I've been using watercolor as a medium lately, I forgot how it is to use acrylic or poster paint.
Our crafted and painted works. We pinoys are creative.
Jedde, Sean and Sir Tats showing their painted windmills.
For dinner, we have Dutch pancakes. They're usually think but thicker then creppe and you sprinkle powedered sugar or top it with syrup. After dinner, we have Dutch games.  I learn to play billiards. Others try on Dutch costumes for a photo.

Martin and Saira in Dutch costumes. Saira is holding her masterpiece.
Julla with other Dutch youth counterparts playing the 'Leaning tower of Piza'
Russel learning how to play billiards with Martin's assistance
Sjors and Jedde playing a typical Dutch card game.
After losing the billiard games, Arge, Martin and Sir Tats adorn my face with icing. In the photo, I smile beside the pretty Anita, who I once hosted back in 2011 when she came to the Philippines.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment